Home

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Well, I have answered all sorts of crazy questions lately. "Who are you?" and "Have my sisters been by here?" are among my favorites. We are experiencing a new crazy. I can't explain it. It's as if she is talking and doing crazy things, but she knows she is and it is driving her crazy.
Let me explain. After the 2am door opening incident, I decided to have a conversation with her about it during a lucid moment. She was appalled! She said, "Why don't you slap me awake when I act like that? I must be sleepwalking!" I told her about the anger. She was so bothered by it. She said, "I must be going crazy!" The next night, she went to the bedroom at her normal time, and she kicked, she eeeeeeetched, she sang, she talked, she stomped her feet and clapped her hands. I walked by the room and she sat up on the edge of the bed. I asked what was wrong, and she did her finger in a circular motion by her head as if to say, "I am crazy." She got out of bed, and walked over to me. Very seriously, she said, "I don't understand all that has taken place here." I asked what she was talking about. She said, "you know....all this....here....and the city knows it and they won't do anything about it." I took her with me to the kitchen and we got her some ice cream and I sat her down in the den with us. She kicked her feet awhile, and figgeted, but finally settled down, and finished the whole bowl of ice cream. Praise the Lord! She slept all night! I always knew that ice cream was the #1 bedtime snack of champions!
A funny before I post. Tonight, at supper, she was telling Kerry that Tubby, our black dog, was more "loverable" than Shula, the white dog. Then she looked at the dogs and said, "Yes, old Mr. Whitey is a smart alec!" She has NEVER liked that poor dog.

No comments: