Home

Friday, January 11, 2008

Cut N Color

I don't usually post more than once a day, but this is just too precious not to report, and frankly if I don't do it now, I'll forget most of it. (It's contagious)

Tonight, I am uploading music onto Kerry's iPod and chatting online with Joy, and I hear her in the bathroom talking. So, I get up and go in to find her with my make-up bag. I asked her what she was doing. She said, "I'm busting in here". I said, "That is my make-up bag, what are you looking for?" She said, "Some olive oil". Well, I didn't think it too terribly strange, because all my life, she has rubbed her cuticles with Virgin Olive Oil and begged me to do the same. So I told her that I didn't have any, but we'd buy her some. She said she wanted me to, so I was expecting her to come out of my bathroom and go back to bed. But...............
She stopped in the doorway, and said, "I've undertaken something that I cannot handle." Surprised, I asked her what she was talking about. She said, "I don't know how to say this, but..." she pointed into her bedroom, and finished...."I'm gonna turn this bedroom into a beauty shop." Well, I was about to burst out, and she said SO SERIOUSLY, "Julie, I can't run a beauty shop!" Still biting my lip, she said, " I wish you'd tell me what to do". Now understand me...she was dead serious and looking to me for advise on this Star Trek adventure. And at this moment, I am about 10 years old, in church, and trying to fight back laughter. I said, "No, you can't". She looked at me so seriously, and said, "What I ought to do is quit the beauty business all together!" Okay people......I laugh out loud at this point. I cannot help it. I am too far gone. To tell you the truth, I don't even know how I finally got her back in the bed. That, my friend, is something I will never forget. This little woman won't even comb her own hair, but plans to open a beauty shop in my spare bedroom. Precious!

No comments: