Home

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Island Girl

If you see my grandmother, and she appears to have that summer glow.....that would be because she has been in the self tanning lotion. She will open any bottle or tube that looks like lotion and rub it anywhere she can get to. I caught her one night with Rebekah's "shimmer" lotion. She was bling-blinging with her glitter lotion all up and down her legs. She will not ask about doing anything. She just does it! After all, she is a princess.

I snapped on her big time tonight in front of Seth and Rebekah. They were both laughing into their hands. The bad thing is that Sherry snapped on this afternoon and used the N word (nursing home). She kept after everyone at the table to eat 1/2 of her piece of pizza. Finally, she offered it to me, and I took it to shut her up. In case you don't know, I have a thing about people passing food back and forth (see the post called Food Fight). So, I will just take it to shut her up. Then she started interrupting me to ask if I were going to eat it or not. I kept telling her that I was, but she finally said, "Well, give it here if you ain't gonna eat it, I'll give it to the dog". I just ignored her. But, you know the rest....she kept on. About the 15th time she said, "Give that dog a bite." I lost it. I said, "NO! I feed him, he doesn't need another bite after all you have fed him today." So, what does the little Princess do? She got up and went to the pizza box to get him a piece from the box. I snapped the lid down and said, "NO MA'AM!" And before I knew it, I was on her level. I gave them both a tiny bite of pizza and screamed, "ARE YOU HAPPY? Now, shut it!" She started rubbing my arm in a very condescending way, saying "Calm down, calm down". I cannot tell you the rage I felt at that moment! I told her that I would not calm down that she drives me crazy about feeding the dogs. If she would stop it we would not have any problems! So Princess "I am right and she is wrong" turns to the dogs and says, "Y'all have gotten her hot, you better get out of here". As if I hadn't already made my blood pressure rise, I screamed, "NO! They didn't make me hot, you did! You drive me crazy!!!!!!!!!" She patted my arm, as if I were a schizophrenic fool, and quietly said, "I'm sorry". Then she toddled off to her bedroom.
Okay, Okay! My bad! I let her make me crazy.....I am the only one in control of my temper. No one can make me crazy unless I let them. I must not surrender that kind of control to any other human being. (Dialing CED Mental Health). I am a good person. I didn't mean to scream at my 94 year old grandmother (making an appointment). Take a deep breath! Sigh.....will I survive?

No comments: