Home

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Wasted Days and Wasted Nights

We have our days and nights totally reversed now. It's like a baby. She is wide awake at 11:00 pm, and wants to sleep like a baby at 2:00 in the afternoon. She keeps asking us what time it is, and wants to eat breakfast at about 10:00 pm. She thinks we are teasing her. She'll say, "What time is it really?"
Today, she got upset because I put her jewelry box in her room. I got it last week while I was at her house. All the data we've read says to give them things to "ramble" through. She is a rambler since birth, so I thought her jewelry box would be the ticket. I snuck it into her room while she slept today, and it was the first thing she noticed when she went to the bathroom. That started the game of "20 Questions".
Who went to my house?
Why did you bring this up here?
How did you get in my house? Well, who gave you keys?
Why didn't you let me go? I want to go.
Will you let me go with you next time?
And on and on and on......
On a funny note, this morning when I went in to wake her. She was leaned back on her pillows, no underwear, legs in the "styrups" position, holding a pad to herself. She said, "My water broke". After yesterday, I wasn't surprised, but thankfully she was a little more with it today.

No comments: