Home

Saturday, January 5, 2008

A Grandma siting.....

I have dealt with the stumbling, staggering, and even the falls (although I hate those), but I haven't dealt with a "pretend" fall yet, until today that is. Today, Moma came into the study and said, "I just came to tell Momma that I just fell out of the bed and hit my head, so don't let me go to sleep". I was taken quite by surprise. I looked up from my computer, and said, "Huh?" She said, "I thought I might better tell Momma that I fell out of the bed, so in case anything happens, y'all will know why". I said, "Moma, I didn't hear you fall". She said, "Well, I didn't make a fuss. I'm alright". I said, "What did you hit?" She said, "the floor". Well....duh!!!!! Then she looked at me so funny, and said, "Momma isn't here, is she? She's dead, isn't she?". I shook my head agreeing with her, and she said, "Well I just wanted to let someone know that I'm in here (pointing to her room), and you can check on me".
The confusion has really been bad today. I always thought it would be great to be totally out of it, so that no one would expect anything from you, but now, I see the real horror in it.
I wish you could have known her "back when". If I'd kept a journal then, it'd be a best seller. She was quite a woman!

No comments: