Home

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Nothing new to report

There is nothing new to report. She is going downhill fast. I have to tell her everyday that I am her granddaughter. She asks me if I live in this house several times a day. In her sleep, she calls for her Momma. She is sleeping more.

When I was a little girl, she taught me to play cards. We only played Old Maids, but my Papa (pronouncd Pop-paw) still fussed at her. He thought that girls should not be playing cards, especially since my parents were Baptist and my Daddy was a (gulp) deacon. But as usual, she ignored him, and went right on teaching me to play. She told me that there were a lot of things girls needed to know just because. I loved her so much. She also let me drink a whole 6oz. Coke right out of the bottle and in the living room, for pity's sake. What a wonderful role model she was. She showed me, through her life, that life is too short to not enjoy it. We laughed a lot together. She talked the talk, but she took GIANT steps walking the walk.

1 comment:

cosby2 said...

I sympathize with you dear. Both my mom and dad (especially dad) would ask for or talk to dead relatives. That is very common toward the end. I think it is God's way of preparing them for their new life ahead. Just do your best and continue to remember the good times! Love ya!