Home

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Thankfully.....back to work

I went back to work today, well, it was in-service, but that is required, so back to work! Yipppeeee!!!! My niece is the new "keeper", so since I have no major ramblings to report, I'm going to reflect on a time when she was younger.

My grandmother always visited the sick, took little old ladies to church, and made herself available to her sisters who did not drive. I remember Aunt Grace or Aunt Rosabell being with us in the car, and we'd stop for lunch somewhere. I would laugh wildly at the two of them (it was always 2, never 3). They'd crack me up with their comments about other drivers, other customers, and just other people in general. Moma would refer to slow old men as "old codgers". I'd laugh. I know where I get my incredible urge to make a comment about everything and everybody I pass. I used to sit in college and share these comments with Deborah into her ear (I sat behind her). She had really long hair, and no one could see me leaning up to make my comments. She'd lurch forward in laughter, and beg me to stop.

My grandmother also listened to Joe Rumore. He came on the radio on WVOK. She'd answer our phone "Joe Rumore!". We had a party line back then. What a great way to save on phone bills. Wish we could do that with the cell. lol Joe Rumore was wonderful. When I was in high school, my friend Denise and I would skip school to sit in the car and listen to Joe Rumore. He advertised all sorts of stuff on his show. He always mentioned his "sweet" or "beautiful" wife, Angie. I miss Joe....and Moma.

No comments: