Home

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Let the killers in....

Last night was the strangest of all. After we got in from Tuscaloosa, Moma returned home. She was a little defensive toward Sherry and acted really glad to be home. I got her ready for bed, and she went off to sleep quickly. However, at 2:00 am, we heard her get up, and begin walking around with her cane. She opened the door to the living room that is her favorite to close 500 times a day and night. Then we heard the front door open. Kerry jolted me to full consciousness, and I lept out of bed to the living room. She had the door all the way open, and was turning around to retreat. I asked her what she was doing. Her response is a little fuzzy, but it went something like this.
"Well, there are some more people supposed to be here and you have got this place shut up, and can't nobody get in."
Me: Why would you open the door?
Moma: to let them come in to kill people.
Me: WHAT???
Moma: They are coming in to kill people. They have to kill people so Jesus can come take me home. (lots of mumbling, and stumbling)
Me: I don't know what you are talking about, you need to go back to bed.
Moma: Well, what are you doing here if you don't understand?
Me: Moma, go back to bed.
Moma: What are you going to do?
Me: Go back to bed, it is the middle of the night.
Moma: Okay, go on
Me: No you go too
Moma: I'm going.....You go that way, and I'll go this way.
Me: Okay (as I chain the door)

If that had been the end of it, I would not be so exhausted, but she rambled and talked and walked all night. I had to get ugly and tell her to GET IN THE BED. Tonight, I may boobytrap her door.

No comments: