Home

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Everybody was Kung-Fu Fighting!

Today, she was completely "with it". That is after I got her up and to the table to take her medicine. She slept at the other end of her bed last night, for a change, I suppose. Anyway, she wanted to put her clothes on. She knew my name. She was very "with it". When we got home from church, it was as it always is when she is "with it". She was looking for a fight! And I wasn't about to give her one. She had a smart, hateful reply to everything I said. She made catty little remarks (her favorite: Goody Goody Gumdrops!) when I did things for her. I tried to be sweet and kind just to avoid the fight she was after! She complained because we did not have a fire in the fireplace. She complained of being cold. She didn't like what I fixed her for lunch. She fussed because Kerry had gone to the golf course, and on and on. She finally went to her room and laid down. When she got up, she was still looking for a fight, but I kept poo-pooing it away. Rebekah was working a puzzle, and I was trying to read for my class. She stood, literally, over my shoulder holding my chair, with her grunt, grunt, grunt.....I kept trying to ignore it, but I wanted to scream, GET AWAY FROM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! (but I didn't) She messed in everything she possibly could to get my reaction. She rearranged things, rambled in the refrigerator, and finally asked for a bowl of chili that I was cooking on the stove that she knew was for our supper Monday night. I gave it to her. To my self, I was saying, "I will not fight with this little woman today." over and over and over. The whole time I was ready to scream!
Later, Sherry and Erin came over to sit while Kerry and I went out to eat. When we got home, she was beginning to get a little cloudy. By the time Sherry was ready to leave, the clouds had moved in. As they headed to the front door, she looked at me, and said, "Well, she is ready to go..." and then looked at Sherry and said, "Are we going out this door?". Sherry told her that she was not going with her, but she looked so confused. I said, "You aren't leaving me, are you?" She said, "I guess not, she doesn't want me." Then, she couldn't find her bedroom. Then she asked me if she had on a gown. I got her seated on her bed, and she looked up at me and said, "All I have to do is cover up?" Well, I got her down, and by the time I got to the den, she was on my heels. "HEY LADY!!!" She needed some water. (Yes, she called me lady). I got her water and back to bed, and here she came again. "Where is my coat? And have you seen my teeth?" We found the teeth and I showed her the coat. Dear God, please don't let her plan a trip after we get in the bed. I can't handle her leaving the house.
For now, she is lying down and as I live and breathe, she is popping her hand with her fist. She is still looking to fight. And my money is on her.

No comments: