Home

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Tale

I really don't have anything to report today. She is still eating everything but the bark on our trees. She whines for candy and money on a regular basis. Nothing new.....so, a story from the past.
When I was little, there was a song that was popular (and my age is showing, I know) called Wooly Bully. Believe it or not, my Moma used to sing this song with me. We'd ride through town listening to WVOK (the mighty 690, right?) and Joe Rumore in her black Dodge with a push button starter and wing fenders like the bat mobile. We sang "Hey there little red riding hood...." and "Wooly Bullllllllly!" She sang along like a teeny bopper! And she always did it in a funny voice. What a hoot! And for those of you who know, she answered the phone like this, "Joe Rumore!" He never called. We never won.
Oh well...

1 comment:

cosby2 said...

Brings back memories. I remember mother driving me to the WVOK station to pick up some WVOK "Shower of Star" tickets. We went to several of those shows during the years. I remember seeing Paul Revere and the Raiders, Lou Christie, Herman's Hermits, and the all famous Cowsill's (Hair..hair..long beautiful hairrrr) haha. Fun times.