Home

Monday, January 12, 2009

Sanctuary

One might think that the home bathroom would be a private refuge, a sanctuary so to speak. How I long for such at my house. Since my children were born, I have never been able to take a bath or take anything else, let alone wash my face, brush my teeth or put on my make-up without someone having to get in with me. My kids got to be pros at getting in. Now that the door knob has been long broken from use and abuse, I have to use my make-up drawer as a locking device. My daughter can reach into the crack and close the drawer, then enter with no stress whatsoever. Keep in mind that in the back of my mind, I am thinking of a day, when she is grown (and thank God my son did outgrow coming in with me) and gone off to college, and I can bathe in total peace. Well, so much for thinking, hoping, and praying. Now, when I am bathing (and yes, I mean EVERY night) I pull the drawer across the door, but without fail.....you can set your clock by it.....the door opens, hits the drawer....and through the crack, the Precious Princess' face appears. "JULIE.......JULIE........I WANT TO TALK TO YOU!!" Now, why she feels like she needs to holler, I will never know. I guess because she cannot see me, oh, but I see her....little precious.
Maybe, just maybe, when I get to Heaven, after I receive my crown and lay it at Jesus' feet, and after I sing a chorus or two with the Heavenly choir (I sing alto), and after I find Mother and Daddy, and meet my great grandparents I have heard so much about, then maybe if I am good, I'll get a hot bath in peace. No children, No Moma. (She'll probably still be living in my house on Earth...)

3 comments:

cosby2 said...

You, Jenny, and I need to have a spend the night party. You can come to my house, climb in my tub and we promise not to bother you at least until the brownies are ready!!!!

Julie Payne said...

That sounds wonderful! Can we have ice cream too??

cosby2 said...

Any flavor you want!!!!