Home

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wobbly and Mean

I am not sure if this is the Lord's way of saying, "It's okay now to consider a nursing home" or if he is testing me or WHAT?? But I am at the end of my rope. Kerry came home today, and it is funny that she felt the need to argue with him over feeding the dogs. She told him to "Shet-up" 25 times. He had to wrestle the plate with her sandwich scraps out of her hand; the whole time she was talking hateful and ugly to him. Then I had to intervene. She was so belligerent that she was shaking. She then proceeded to fill my kitchen floor with urine (thank God it is ceramic tile) because she only had on a girdle, no diaper. Then she wanted to get mad at me!! I am the one who cleaned her up and changed her clothes. She fell against the wall in the bathroom twice. I am the one who got her some Tylenol to help settle her down (she thinks it helps, so the power of suggestion was at work here). The whole time I was cleaning her up, she was saying things like "I can't help it if I can't afford them diapers", and "Y'all are the silliest bunch of people I've ever seen". She has a brand new pack of diapers in her room! No excuses!!!!!!!!! Later, I was sorting through my Avon (yes, I sell it in case you didn't know) to deliver tomorrow, and I heard the clicking of that cane. CRAP!! I knew she'd be rambling through it all.....and she did. Like a kid on Christmas morning, she picked up and smelled everything she could and asked 900 million questions. I was about to scream. She wanted some tea, so I stopped and got her some. Then she stood up under my arm practically and finally said, "Let me by". I had to back into the dining room to let the Queen pass. That would have been okay but within 20 minutes, she was back and did the same dang thing. I said, "Good grief Moma, you could have gone around the table!" She said, in her sarcastic tone, "I like to hear you holler!" UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: