Home

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Remember Mr. Meany?

Wasn't there a cartoon character named Mr. Meany? Like on Peabody are something?? Anyway, in case you ever wondered about Mrs. Meany......she lives with me. She is my grandmother. The last few days, she has been MEAN and nasty. I asked her last night if she was looking for a fight.
For example, I fixed her some soup for supper because Kerry and I were going to First Friday (I recommend if you have never been). She ate a bowl full and I asked if she wanted more. She said, "NO" and waved her hand as if the soup were not good. She then pushed the bowl halfway across the table. So, I took the pan of leftover soup, went out back and dumped it out for my cats. When I came in, she said, "What'd you do with that soup?"I said,"Fed it to the cats", thinking she'd be glad I didn't throw it away since she hates for us to "waste" stuff. She snarled at me and said, "Well......what am I supposed to eat??" I said, "You just ate!" She said, "I didn't do it!" UGH!!!!!!!!! I said, "Yes you did and I asked you if you wanted any more and you said no". She said, "No, I said, not right now". Again...ugh!!!!!!!!!! So I proceed to convince her that Rebekah is going to be with her while we are gone, and that she will fix her anything she wants when she gets hungry again. She got up from the table and went to bed! In less than 20 minutes, she was following me down the hall. "Julie....Julie......JULIE!" She was bellowing my name. I turned and said, "WHAT?" a little impatiently. She said, "Have you got any soup?" I wanted to wring her little wrinkled neck.
Tonight we got into our usual food fight over her wanting to hoard food. She was going to feed it Junior's cat Monday. Okay, Junior has been dead for 20 years, and to my knowledge he never had a cat. And by Monday, the cheese curls she was saving will be stale. So, I tossed it and told her Junior called and the cat died. After all, I was dipped out of her gene pool.

No comments: