Home

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Every Day a New Adventure

Every day in the life of my grandmother is a new adventure. Today, she is bossy and argumentative. She wants so desperately to be in charge. She moves things, rearranges things, takes things, etc. I want to wring her little wrinkled neck! Yesterday, she was obsessed with the empty hangers on the door knobs. I put them there, so that when I go to the laundry room (in the basement) I will see them as I pass, and will take them with me. They drive her insane. I caught her going out the front door with a load of hangers in her hand "taking them to the street". SHE IS MAKING ME A LUNATIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, imagine having someone move into your home and insist on having her way about everything. If you don't handle it as soon as she wants, she will handle it herself in whatever completely asinine way she sees fit. UGH!!! Today, she was completely obsessed with eating supper. She wanted it at 3:50. I wanted to wait until Kerry got home. I held her off until 4:30. I started getting it ready, and she was up under me, like a kitten with a lion's roar. She bossed and directed. She asked questions. She accused Kerry of not being at work. She believed he was playing golf. AUGH!!! Then she wanted to feed the dogs. "Why?" she kept asking when I'd tell her no. I finally got up and put my precious dog in his crate to shut her up. As time moves on, it is less and less funny.....more and more exasperating....I am tired.

No comments: