Home

Monday, July 4, 2011

Confession

Okay, I will admit it! I have been a pool rat for about 3 days straight. No laundry, no dishes, no picking up, no straightening up, and certainly no cleaning. I  went from pajamas to bathing suit and back to pajamas several days in a row. Yes, I am a girl of summer. Had the latest book from my favorite author, had my float, my drink, and my oldies blaring on the radio. My hat was in place, my sunglasses right.....and there I was. A pool vegetable. It drove Moma crazy. She would come out on the deck and chastise me. She commanded me to get out of the pool several times, but soon learned that does not work with me. I mean, I will have to seriously work next week to make up for all the stuff I didn't do this past week. It is my little escape. And I have abused it. :)
Yesterday, the Princess was bad to the core. I caught her feeding Tubby and scolded her. As soon as I turned my back, she reached in the other pocket and fed Shula! Once again, I gave in to the rage in my head that was screaming "KILL HER!" I grabbed the napkin out of her hand, and began strip searching her for other little "treasures". She was fighting me tooth and nail. I was so mad there was no way she would win this one. I was in beast mode. She kept threatening to slap the shit out of me. Then she reached for the cane. She swung it, handle first, at my face. I felt the breeze whiz by my nose. Thank goodness Christopher stepped in and took the cane. She called me a damn bitch. I wrestled her up and literally ran her back to her room. She wanted her cane. Everything at that point is a blur. I was operating off sheer adrenalin. I had to get away from her. I went outside, and in just a minute, Kerry came out and said, "Listen to this". She was screaming and crying like a baby. I was a  wreck. I went into her room and tried to talk to her. I finally got right in her face, nose to nose. I told her that she had better listen to me and stop crying. I explained to her that if she ever chose to actually hit me, that would be the end of her living with me. I would take her to the nastiest nursing home I could find and leave her. I wouldn't tell anyone where she was either. I told her I would find one where no one would give a shit about her and she would be all alone. (I was all Godfather at this point). She started telling me she loved me and she would not ever do that again. Then she was repeating herself and I was almost out of my skin anyway. I had to walk away. I told her to sit right there until I came to get her for supper. She promised faithfully she would. HA! She was up in a minute looking for her cane. I sent her back, and she got up within 3 minutes, again, looking for that cane. Finally, I gave up and sat her at the table with me. Then she began her "Helpme" song. I just get so tired of the status quo here, I am tempted to just run.

No comments: