Home

Thursday, June 2, 2011

When's my birthday?

This little woman has ALWAYS known when her birthday is, but lately that is her favorite question. Why? Because she wants to make sure WE know when it is. She loves her birthday more than Dawn Beavers does hers. I have never seen anything like it. Well, I like mine too but I.....well, okay, I USED to leave hints and make promotions but I stopped doing that when 40 crept up (I remember 40, wasn't half bad). About that time in my life, I decided that I did not want ANY attention EVER. But the older Moma gets, the worse she is.
I can remember my poor mother grieving over what to give her. She would even ask Moma. Even if Moma told her specifically what to buy, and Mother did, Moma would take it back. For? Cash!!! That is her favorite gift. So, my Daddy told Mother to only give her cash for Christmas, Mother's Day, and her birthday. And she lived (and still is) happily ever after. So what will I do for her birthday? I'll buy the token gift but put money in a card, as well. Oh, and don't forget the card. She expects one (for the money)! So just to update you, the birthday countdown has begun! T-11 and counting.

*BTW, all you readers who never comment...the comments keep me writing! ha ha!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

fish fish got your wish :)

Keep writing cause I'm reading. It's hard to comment sometimes though. What other people think is hilarious (and it would be if it wasn't so close to home), I know is truly heartbreaking and miserable.

Love you girl!

Julie Payne said...

Ashley, I am so excited for you!! You have become my true cyber friend. One day, we must meet and have lunch! Love you too girl!