Home

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Birthday Reflections

No matter how SICK I am of hearing about her birthday, we are still discussing it. She looked at the date on our board today and said, "Well, yesterday was my birthday. I don't guess anybody gives a damn. Nobody did anything!" (eye roll) After trying to convince her for 3 separate comments about it, I just quit. We did nothing, as far as I am concerned at this juncture.
At lunch, I offered her a piece of her birthday cake. She ate about 1/2 of it, and then said, "Now leave this right here, and I'll finish it in a minute!" She seemed really defensive. I watched her. In a minute, she put cake icing on her fork and held it down for the dogs to lick. I just got up and removed her cake and dumped it in the trash. She said, "You are acting really smart today!" I got in her face and said, "Stop. Feeding. My. Dog!!!!!" through gritted teeth. As I turned away from her, she stuck out her tongue at me. I said, "Stop being stupid" (I know, but I'm only 12). She said, "Julie....I used to love and appreciate you." USED TO????????????  What you trying to say old woman????

No comments: