Home

Monday, May 30, 2011

Last Post?

Just disregard that last post. Mildred was in rare form today. She got up busy and bossy. At breakfast, she made up some story to tell me about her momma going to her school. In  52 years, I have NEVER heard that story. Then the Hospice aide called to say she was on her way to bathe Moma. She finished her breakfast and said she was going to go back to bed. I told her to wait that the aide was on the way to give her a bath. She started growling that she "was NOT taking a damn bath". I thought for a minute she might cry. Then she jumped up and said, "I'm going to bed and she can't get me out" and she raced to her room and shoved a chair in front of the door. (Good Lord 4 year old!)
Later we went to my in-laws for a cook-out. She drove Christopher insane on the way down asking questions. But the minute we got there, she turned into quite a character. She cussed and fussed about everything. She saw the tray of meat and said, "Shit! You ain't even cooked that yet!" She "damned" this and "damned" that. She was just downright ugly, even though we laughed. But it got old quick. She referred to Kerry's dad as that OLD man. She asked what I was walking around the yard looking at, and I told her "flowers". She informed me that there was nothing but damn weeds in their yard. Kerry got her some ice cream and she said, "This is ole homemade ice cream". I said, "yes it is". She said, "Well it aint' worth a shit". She told Kerry that he was an embarrassment to sit in front of because she could see his tail with his legs crossed. When we went in to eat, she grabbed a Frito out of a bowl. I said,' You cannot eat that". She took a bite, and said, "I know" and threw the rest of the chip back into the bowl! She put food on my father-in-law's plate, she tried to feed their dogs, she complained about the food, she was more than greedy, and completely obnoxious. I know Kerry's dad was sick of her. Finally, after supper, while we were sitting on the porch, I got my gut full of her and got up take her home. She protested and then apologized for ME!!!! She was just awful, and I do mean AWFUL! I wanted to leave her, but I knew they didn't want her (and neither did I, at that moment)
We got home and I gave her medicine and put her to bed. Kerry and I got in the pool. She was up in 10 minutes. Then she wanted chocolate milk and had the nerve to ask if we were going to have any supper. I was dripping wet because I had to get out of the pool to get her out of the kitchen. She wears me out. Nothing about today is funny to me tonight. I am totally SICK of her. To say the least, my nerves are shot.

No comments: