Home

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Odd Irony

Today, I helped Bek write a paper for her Am. Lit class. It was a compare and contrast of 2 story characters to today. They had experienced (or suffered, choose your word) role reversals much like mine and Moma's. As we worked on this paper, I began to see the big picture. I've heard all my life that what doesn't kill you will make you stronger. I am much stronger than I was 21 years ago, when my precious Daddy was killed in a car wreck. I am stronger than I was 16 years ago, when my sweet Mother lost her battle with cancer. God has been doing a work in my life (which kind of scares me for what he has in store after Moma passes). One of the statements we made in the paper about the story characters was that being responsible for a family is stressful enough without having a disabled spouse (from the story) or aging parent put on you. It made me realize that I am not just whiny and weak. I have been called to do a GREAT job which is burdensome in more ways than one. I am climbing Mt. Everest. I am swimming the Atlantic. This is my task. MINE! And I'll see it through.....if it kills me.

No comments: