Home

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Dave Thomas is a trouble maker

I remember the first frosty I ever ate. I dipped my french fries in it and it was sooooooo good. I was hooked. But as time has gone by, I recovered from that addiction. But apparently Moma has not.
Today has been a crazy day to begin with. I had to get up at 6:45 to get ready and take Brady to summer school. Moma was up piddling, so I made her ride along. Of course, we had to stop at Jack's and get breakfast. (ChaChing $7, for how dare I go home without one for the Queen and the Prince). As usual, I pulled over in a parking lot close by to let Brady eat before he went into school. Moma kept saying...."What are we waiting for?" I reminded her (several times) and her response every time was "I want to eat too!" After we dropped Brady off, we headed home. I fixed her coffee and biscuit and then she went back to bed. About an hour later, I had to take Son to meet his boss for a work-shop. I had to drive to nearly Jacksonville. I left the Princess in the Queen's charge for 30 minutes. I returned home from that to have about another hour before I had to go back and get Brady. I had promised the Queen that I would bring her lunch to her when I got him, so we headed out a little early. While in route, the Queen sent a text hinting that her usual Happy Meal would not be sufficient today. (Sigh) We picked Brady up and went off toward East Gadsden to get the Queen a salad. I decided to run by my school (which is in East Gadsden) to drop off a few things that were crowding up my back seat. On the way back, we stopped at Wendy's. This whole entire time Moma has asked a thousand questions and repeated them over and over. Lucky for me, Brady was talking and I could ignore her easily. (Here comes the kicker). I asked Moma if she wanted chicken or a cheeseburger, and she chose a cheeseburger. I pulled up to the speaker and placed our order. Both Brady and the Queen had ordered frostys. When I got our food, ($13 ChaChing), I pulled to the exit. Traffic was horrible as it was lunch time. When I finally got out into the left lane going toward City Hall, Moma looked down at the cup holders and said, "Which one of these is mine?" I shook my head...."Neither, I didn't order you one". She yelled, "Why in the shit not???? You knew I wanted one!!!" I said, "No, I didn't! (should have known better though) Moma, we have vanilla ice cream at home. I'll fix you some." She was still miffed but said nothing. As I drove, she picked up both cups several times and turned them around as if there was a novel written there. I ignored her. But after we dropped off the Queen's order at City Hall. She picked up Brady's frosty and kept messing with it, then stuck her nasty finger in it! I said, "Hey, don't put your finger in there" She said, "I orta throw it on you for not buying me one. You knew I wanted one". Rage took over. I hit the gas and said, "Let me go get you one right now! I hope you choke on it!" I flung her sandwich in her lap, and said, "Here's your sandwich". She knew I was mad, and Brady was a little shook, because "JuJu" doesn't usually get mad. My blood pressure was sky high, and I was about to have a stroke. She began to rub my arm and say, "What's wrong?" I screamed, "DON'T TOUCH ME! I am not playing your stupid game (but obviously I was and I was losing)" She said, "Well you can just KISS MY ASS! And I don't want this damn sandwich"  She threw the sandwich back at me. (All this nice behavior for my precious great nephew-mine and hers). I flew in Wendy's on 2 wheels. I handed Brady his food which I had planned to make him wait until we got home. I ordered her frosty and me a Diet Coke. Then I pulled into the Wal-Mart parking lot and parked and began to eat my food. She opened her frosty and started eating a little. When I unwrapped my Single with Cheese (which was pretty awesome, Dave), she said, "I thought you ordered me a sandwich" Little Brady spoke up and said, "You didn't want it Moma".  I repeated that for her. I ate and didn't give her a second thought. She said, "Well, I don't want this." and closed up her frosty. I never budged; kept eating in peace. She said, "I'd be ashamed" and turned her head away from me. The urge to throw open the door and push her out of my vehicle was so strong, I rushed to finish my sandwich and crank up before I acted on it.
Now we are home, and she has eaten her sandwich and is sleeping like a baby, while I tend to my paralysis from my stroke.

No comments: