Home

Friday, May 21, 2010

Soaking Wet

Yesterday I weighed Moma on our scales. She weighed 90 pounds! She said, "How much?" I said, "90 pounds". She said, "I'm 90 pounds soaking wet!" God love her. I am still not sure why her doctor (who is a good guy) won't put her on Hospice. That is failure to thrive. She out eats me, and gains NOTHING. (I should be so lucky)
She is sleeping a good bit. I'm not sure if that means anything. She seems physically more feeble, but who knows. She is hard to predict.

1 comment:

cosby2 said...

My parents weren't put on hospice until they were bedridden. Dad had the same problem for years. He could eat a ton, but continued to lose weight. After he fell and was bedridden, he continued to lose weight rapidly. He was put on hospice then. We were with Alacare and they were super nice. Mother wasn't put on hospice until after she had her leg amputated and had cancer. So I guess as Moma can get around and has no life threatening disease it will be hard to get on hospice. I'll give you a call when the pool is ready!!!! Hang in there.