Home

Friday, May 7, 2010

I'm Baaaaaak!

Just like I promised, here I am! Back to my blog, back to the only place I can say what frustrates me the most and no one judges me. (However, I was instructed by Mr. Payne to leave his name out of the blog from now on). The surgery went well. They were behind schedule but managed to get me worked in. lol I have no real memory of Monday except for the hours prior to surgery. Tuesday is a foggy blur. Wednesday's events are a little more clear, but fairly uneventful. In fact, my life was almost boring until I returned to this little brick rancher I call home. From the minute I arrived, Moma has been awful. It has to be about her and it wasn't, so she acted out to make sure it was about her.
As I lay in my bed today attempting to "rest", I was serenaded by Moma on the porch swing bellowing the A-men chorus. "A-men, AA-men, AAMENAMENAMEN!" All the while, my son was giving our fat chihuahua mix a bath because he was covered in red mud. The cats and I laid peacefully as possible on the bed, listening to the soloist outside. The bathroom door opened, and out ran the dogs (Shula had to watch). They raced down the way to my room but Tubby (the fat wet dog) took a detour, up on the love seat and sprung over onto the bed, where the cats jumped sky high, all 40 claws at knife like point, ran over my back and down my arm leaving 4 large nasty scratches. Moma never missed a note. And on my shoulder was a tiny barker announcing, "In this ring......" as circus music played in my head.
Some folks look forward to retirement. I just long for "normal".

No comments: