Home

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Explain to me

Is there anyone who can explain to me the need to hoard things? Is it just an old people thing? Is it from living through the depression? What? My grandmother hoards things that make me want to pop her in the back of the head over!
She will not let you toss out grocery bags! You can have a blue million of them in the pantry, but don't throw any away for God's sake. They may not make any more.
She steals toilet paper out of my bathroom closet when she catches it unlocked. She will pile it up in her closet and forget she swiped a roll, so she'll swipe another. Every time she walks by my tissue box in my bedroom, she yanks out at least 3 or 4 and rams it down in her pocket. She has a box in her room. Now if that box gets within 20 of being empty, she nearly loses her mind until I go to the store and buy more. Once I showed her that she had enough to last a few days, so she went behind me and emptied the box and brought me the empty box. She thinks I am that stupid.
She saves bottles, wrapping paper, aluminum foil, rubber bands....and will flat out steal our pony tail holders (for what I could not tell you).
Her drawers are full of all sorts of crap! Hairpins and those little things from a girdle to hold up stockings are among the many items. She has hairnets that I am almost sure she bought in the 60s. She has 3 or 4 sleep caps that are too big or have lost their elasticity, but God forbid you toss those out. She saves insurance papers, cards, stamps (never really collected them, just kept them), old key chains and on and on......
She exasperates me! I hope my children see what is on the horizon! lol

No comments: