Home

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Bath day

As I type, I am listening to our sitter argue with my grandmother about taking a bath. Connie told her that she would go change the sheets on her bed while Moma's lunch digested. Moma growled at her and said, "No, you wait and let me get my things out from under my pillow!" Seriously, I am afraid to imagine what she has stashed away under that pillow.
You would think I would would enjoy hearing her growl and snarl at someone else, but it really makes me so angry. You know your children always behave better for other people than they do you, but this one treats everyone like one of her servants. She is bossing her about letting the dogs back in from outside right now. She says it so hateful too. It makes me want to pop her in the back of that little nappy head!
Tomorrow is beauty shop day. Praise God! Her nasty head will get scrubbed and she will get to go out and about. Connie will take her out to eat. What does that really mean? PEACE in this house for ME!!!!! Glorious peace.
I hate to leave such a negative post, but I promised from the beginning that this would be an honest look at being a caregiver for an elderly person. Sometimes, the truth hurts. But! As Miss Scarlett reminds me "Tomorrow is another day!"

No comments: