Home

Monday, May 31, 2010

Amazing recovery

Moma was fairly good yesterday. We went to my in-laws' house for lunch. She ate so much, I thought she'd pop! We finally got home, and everyone settled in their places to rest. I thought I'd lie down and catch a power nap while everyone else snoozed. HA! Moma has radar when I am in various situations, especially when I lie down. If she rapped my ankles with that cane one more time, I might have done her some bodily harm. She wanted me UP. Her excuses were: it's after 6:00 (it was 4:00), you won't sleep tonight if you don't get up, and what are we going to do about supper? GRRRRR......the urge to kill was so strong, I got up to get away from her. Then, she started following me around saying "Don't be mad at me.....I'm sorry......Forgive me.....I'll leave you alone" (I guess so, now that I am up!)
After supper, she dismissed herself to the bed, and stayed awhile. About the time I was getting ready to lie down, I heard her up. She was coughing and hocking something up. I got into bed and realized that a. she was in my bathroom and b. she was vomiting. Oh GREAT! were my thoughts. I spent the next 2 hours sitting in her room with her while she moaned and groaned, hacked and gagged, prayed (Help me Lord), and generally put on a Tony award winning performance. "Pray for me!" she would yell at me. "Are you praying for me?" (Yes, I am praying for God to take you home). And by the way, she was not throwing anything up, just spitting up sinus drainage. A stranger would have thought that she would be dead by morning. When she settled down, I went to my bed.
She was up and stomping through my house this morning at 7:30. No rest for the weary here, unless it's her. She was as fine as wine, and waiting on her breakfast. I got her breakfast going before I even had a chance to go to the bathroom. When I did, I found the HOT water blasting out of the faucet. She randomly leaves water running all over the house. Once she ate, she wanted to perform again with that "I feel worse than an old devil" act. So her Royal Highness of Crazy has gone back to bed. Isn't she precious?

No comments: