Home

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Saturday

Most people look forward to Saturdays....ahh....sleep late, be lazy, not do much of anything....HA! I loathe Saturdays! The person I can no longer mention plays golf all day, and my offspring do all of the above, but the princess???? Oh she gets up with the chickens! Raring to go! I awoke this morning to the sound of her door closing and that infamous clicking sound of her cane. She was ready to eat! (what else?)
I sprang (as much as a post op gal can) into action. I made the coffee, filled up her water glass, and started the water for her oatmeal. Inside my head I kept thinking "Was this what Dr. Newman and Dr Godfree meant by taking it easy?" She was rattling off all sorts of things she wanted from me, and I was really not listening. "JULIE" (I am now). In a sweet little voice, unlike the call of the wild I just heard, "Are you feeling better?" she asked. I nod, thinking to myself if she can remember I had surgery, why can't she remember what day it is. Without going into great detail, she wore me out at the breakfast table. She bossed and ordered like I wore an apron and expected a tip. I'm ready to go back to work!
Work...work....THAT'S IT! I could save the nation with this plan. Get the deadbeats getting disability (not the well deserved) back into the work force! They should somehow have to spend a mere week with this little princess. They would not be allowed to hurt her, but had to take care of her for one week 24/7. I mean, after only 2 days out of the hospital, I am ready to get back to my school and my students. My work ethic is healthy!

1 comment:

cosby2 said...

Bless your heart. No rest for the weary. How long before you're able to go back to work? Heck...just buy the princess some Little Debbie cakes. The breakfast of champions!!! HA Try to get some rest and not overdo it.