Home

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Can't Sleep

This may or may not be the beginning of bad things to come, but it is 11:40 and I cannot sleep. Normally, I can hit the bed and literally DIE and never wake up. HA! No more. I have been taking "meds" to help me sleep, but I hate depending on anything, so tonight I went cold turkey, and here I am on the computer while everyone else here is asleep.
Moma is asleep, but she is talking in her sleep. It is really good stuff, but I'm too lazy to record it. So, I'm going to transcribe to pass the time. Here goes:
"Y'all leave that alone and go on! It's my house, my house, my house....GET OUT! Come'ere! Look at me! You get out from here. Get the hell out of here. You know....(so much she is saying cannot be understood because she is YELLING)What you spying? I'm fine I'm fine. Here. Whooppee! Hurry Back! Love you. (Oh my gosh, she is getting up! No NO!! Whew! Close call, she closed the door back. I cannot figure out what she is doing but it sounds like she is filing her nails or something like that. Lots of grunting. She's yawning and now clapping her hands.) Good! (something really slurred) You know I love you Lord. I don't know what to say.......(can't understand) What am I supposed to do? Start over here, is that alright? (garbled) I'd just tell 'em. That's exactly what I'd do. I ain't done nothing. (lots of stuff I cannot understand) You get your ass out from there and leave me alone. I don't owe you a thing in the world. Get out from here and let me alone. Tell 'em! Tell 'em! I'm tard of standing around up here! I'm hungry and I've got to have something to eat. Would you go get me something to eat man? I ain't got a dime, but I wish I did have. Nothing but cold mess. Tell 'em. Ain't nothing wrong with her. Well, thanky thanky sir. What are y'all doing?"
I'm signing off. I think I hear chocolate ice cream calling me.

2 comments:

cosby2 said...

I feel your pain. I can usually fall asleep pretty well, but can't stay asleep. I wake up sometimes an hour later...thinking it must be almost time to get up and then look at the clock and sigh. Too bad we don't live closer...we could just play cards and eat ice cream!! HA

Julie Payne said...

COME ON SONNY BOY.....AND BRING YOUR MOMMA!!! lol No, us playing cards might not be a way to get to sleep. But ice cream? I'm all for it! lol