Home

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Reality

Since I seem to be on a reality roll, I thought I would tell you how my day has been. Kerry is out of town, so I have no support system, except for the kids when they are around. This morning I had to wake Moma up. She was still asleep at 11:20. She sat up, but never came to eat. I went in the room with her and she was slumped over toward the foot of her bed, sound asleep. I called to her and startled her. She finally came to eat. When she finished, she asked if she could go back and lie down. I went to wash clothes. Later, I noticed her door open. I started down to her room and followed a trail to the bathroom. She had tinkled from bed to bath. PRECIOUS!!!!!!! I wanted to wring her neck. She had taken off her diaper before she went to the bathroom. Sweet.
Then there was the fight over a baggie of apples at lunch.. She told Rebekah and me both to shut up and leave her alone. Then she told us how she hated us and that my house was the awfulest place she'd ever been. She accused us of being mean to her. I sent her back to bed. She went back to bed and slept long and hard. She got up at 5:30 lost as a goose. She thought it was 5:30 Sunday morning. A little later, she asked if her children were dead. Then she asked how they died. And on and on......We ordered pasta from Pizza Hut (double yum), and she ate good. She sat at the table with Bek and Tesa and me like she understood everything we were saying. She laughed when we laughed, and nodded her head when we talked. She got up to go lie down. I took the opportunity to give her her night time meds.
Later, after Tesa left, I started my bath and was just about to step in, when I heard the door open. She went clomping and grunting through the house. I stepped out and asked what she needed. She wanted something to eat. UGH!!! So while my bath water got cold, I sat at the table while the Precious Princess ate her little snack cake and drank her chocolate milk. And by the way, she sucks that straw until the glass is bone dry. She does love her some chocolate milk.
I am ready for Monday to get some rest, even though it is testing week. Now that is sad to look forward to the worse week of the school year! Sigh.....Ta Ta for Now.

No comments: