Home

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday is bath day

I had a major melt down today. It's been awhile since I had a major one. I've had little melt downs, but today was seriously major! However, thanks to my "anti-freak-out" medicine, I made it. I say this to explain that EVERYTHING got on my nerves. Everything made me crazy. But particularly Moma. She was brand new.
After lunch it was bath time. She saw me down the hall putting her bath chair into the bathroom. As I approached her down the hall, she growled, "What do you want?" I told her it was time for a bath,and she began the routine. "Please don't make me take a bath today. I don't feel like it". "I just had a bath" "Well, wait until my food digests, here?" "I ain't ready" and on and on. I go back to start her water, and when I return, she is on the deck with a wadded up napkin full of breadcrumbs ready to feed the cats, dogs, birds, anything that moves. After I wrestled it out of her hands, Kerry came and ran her back in the house. She looked at me and said, "I wish you wouldn't be so hateful". Of course, I did threaten to knock her out while wrestling with her, but I say that to everyone. I finally got her rusty butt in the tub. As always, the water temp. was not to her liking (it never has been). Then all of a sudden, as if this were her first bath, she said, "This chair is gonna fall with me". I reminded her that I was going to change her bed for her to NOT stand up until I get back. After changing her bed,I came in to find her standing. The bathroom was 110 degrees because of the little space heater I have to run or she tries to die. I ripped the plug out of the wall as sparks flew. She is washing body parts over and over, and saying "I need you to wash my back" It wouldn't matter if I washed it or not. She forgets what she's washed. She continues soaping her cloth and I am draining the tub. I tell her to stop that she has already washed everything but she insists. She re-washes her face after she has washed south of there. (Gag)There is no stopping her. I just drain the tub and hope she will stop. I rinsed her with a cup and she screeched "Don't wet my hair!" Yes, because it is so nicely fixed, I think to myself. Getting her out is equally taxing. She acts like we have never done this before. She dries her legs while standing up. How she keeps from falling over, I'll never know. She bosses me "Get me some Arrid" "Have you got any lotion?" On and on and on.... She continues to boss. At this point, I have stripped off to my underwear because I am almost 50 and I am burning up, and I want to kill her!!! And then when it is all over and done with, my sweet adoring husband said, "I wish you'd get in a better mood"

2 comments:

cosby2 said...

I know how you dread giving Moma her bath. I know she's draining your energy and your "normal sparkling" personality, but just try and hang in there. Know that I pray for you, Moma, and your family daily. Christ gives us strength when we fill so weary. We can do all things through Him. Love ya

cosby2 said...

Too bad I can't spell...haha. That would be "feel" not "fill". Although He does "fill" us.