Home

Friday, April 3, 2009

Packing up

Seriously, I knew this day would come. I have just been in denial. I've tried to convince myself it would not become a problem, but yesterday I woke up. When I came home from school, Sue met me at the door. I said, "It's starting to sprinkle, but if you hurry, you can beat the rain!" She had that look...."Come here and let me show you what she's done." Being the infuriating busy body that she is, she would not put up the crochet basket and the jar of needles when Sue told her to. She insisted on putting them up on the Victorian marble top table and "sortering" through them (in her words). Sue asked her, told her, begged her to put them up because she was afraid she was going to knock off one of my mother's precious antiques. However, she only broke the olive jar that held the needles. Sue was so mad at her. Moma kept screaming "They're mine!! They're MINE!!" AND???????????? So, being the queen of proactive action, I am packing up all my mother's precious antique glassware and putting them in boxes in my basement. I guess when I finish the living room and dining room, I'll go ahead and face all the other "possibilities" around her and deal with those. Sigh..........

2 comments:

Lisa said...

You just added another jewel to your crown, Julie. You're handling this very well, better than I think I ever could.

cosby2 said...

As you've said, it's like having a 3 year old in your house. You'll just have to "baby" proof it!! Try to hang in there. I know how trying it can be.