Home

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Meanwhile Back at the Ranch......

Got home today around 4:30. Moma was happy to see us. After things settled down and the kids were gone, she came into the den with a "hurtin'" in her chest, except that she pointed to her stomach. She wanted me to call Sherry and see if we needed to carry her to the doctor. I gave her a Zantac and told her to go lie down awhile. She said, (several times) "Check on me, here?" like she might be dying. I was a little alarmed, but I have met her and know what a drama queen she is. I checked on her more than once and she was sleeping. After about an hour, she began to holler out "JULIE!" I went to her room, but her eyes were closed. This happened several times. Finally, I said, "MOMA! What do you want?" She looked up (startled) and said, "Come'ere! I approached her bed, and she said, "You know that hurtin' in my chest? Well....I wanted to tell you......(in a whisper) it's gone". What an actress.

2 comments:

jennypilgrim said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!!!!! I have you a present! SSHHHH don't tell anyone! I will bring it by LMS tomorrow!

Julie Payne said...

Thank you hon.