Home

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spilled Tea and a new hair do

Tonight Moma knocked her FULL tea glass across the table while she was reading the paper. After I cleaned up her mess, I was reminded of another time she was reading the paper. One Mother's Day, she was sitting in our recliner reading the paper while the entire extended family on BOTH sides was here for an annual cook-out (which is now defunct as of this year). Anyway, she would read a section, fold it and place it on the table next to her. However, she had not noticed the candle on that table. Yes, you guessed it. She put it on the candle. Kerry started hollering and grabbed it from her and headed out the door. She had NO CLUE the paper in her hand was on fire. She was a little insulted when he jerked it from her hand. lol She is somebody to know...........
Today was beauty shop day. It looks really nice, but it won't last. She'll wallow around and have it torn up before tomorrow. But...she has a clean head and she loves to go to the beauty shop because they pet her and she gets to visit. To each his own. If I could get my hair done myself, I'd never go again. I hate it.
Note: I am in denial. Sunday is NOT my birthday. I am NOT 50 years old.....yet.

2 comments:

cosby2 said...

Enjoy your birthday weekend...and time off from Moma. Happy birthday!

Julie Payne said...

Thanks Jane! Love you!!