Home

Friday, March 6, 2009

A funny moment

Today Rebekah and I had to go to the dermatologist in Birmingham. She reminded me of a hysterical Moma moment from the past. We all used to go to another dermatologist at Medical Center East so I made all our appointments together. One summer day, we all had appointments and they put us in the same room. Rebekah was in the chair and Moma was waiting. She looked down at my feet and said, "What 'chu wearing a rang on yore toe for?" I said, "I just like to". She said, "Well today is so different. I don't like to see men wearing earbobs and necklaces." I was just giving her my "yeah-yeah" routine, and not paying much attention to what she was saying. By the time I realized what she was talking about it was too late. The next thing I heard was "We had a name for that in my day.....IT WAS QUEER!" i nearly died! I said, "Shhhhhhhhhhhh, don't say that!" I could hear the nurses outside the room laughing. I know everybody heard it.
As I write this, she is sleep talking. She must be worried about children or something. She keeps saying something about "keeping your eye on them", but she also just bellowed out "Let me out!" So who knows what ride little Mildred is on now.

No comments: