Home

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Ugh

It is 3:54 am on Sunday, August 16th. I am at my kitchen table writing this post because I can't go back to sleep. My crazy grandmother woke me up an hour and a half ago. I hate being 50 because there is no "going back to sleep" which has NEVER been a problem for me. Once someone wakes me into a full awake status....ugh. Sleep never returns.
Kerry and I had gone to bed around 10:30. My crazy nocturnal kids were not even home yet. We always leave a lamp on in the den for Rebekah because she parks out back. About midnight, the phone rang and woke me. I am blind without my glasses/contacts and I was fumbling around trying to answer it when I heard Rebekah say, "Who is pushing buttons on the phone?" I apologized and tried to hang it up. Startled but not fully awake, I went back to sleep. The next thing I heard was a loud knock on our door, the door opening, and my crazy grandmother entering the room hollering, "I hate to wake y'all up but there is a leak in my kitchen floor". I checked the clock, 2:30, ugh...........I got out of bed to attend to her, and noticed that every light is on from one end of the house to the other, not sure if she turned them on or the kids left them on. I started walking to her room saying to her that she doesn't have a kitchen, to no avail. Of course, there was NO WATER on the floor in her room. I told her that, but she argued. She wanted me to pull her bed out from the wall and look behind it. NO WATER!!! Then she told me to put my hand down there and feel it. NO WATER!!! I am not a nice person when I first wake up, so I wanted to ring her neck and dress her for our Sunday dinner! She was still arguing with me as I slammed her door screeching, "GET IN THE BED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I got back into the bed knowing full well that sleep would not come. So here I am, sitting in my kitchen, trying to be quiet, while everyone else in my house sleeps. And tomorrow is MY church day. I'll never wake up. Ugh...........

No comments: