Home

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Psoriasis is terrible

You all know how I hate to scratch her when she "eeeeeeetches", but tonight she pulled down her pants in the kitchen (precious) to reveal a case of psoriasis like I have never seen! There is maybe a couple of inches on her lower back that is not covered. Her skin is red and flaky all over her back. Her arms and legs don't look much better. She now has it on her face and in her scalp. She picks at it constantly. We cannot make her understand that the heavy robes she wears is suffocating her skin. She thinks she is cold but her skin in suffocating. AND she wants to coat it in Vaseline!!! We are taking her to a dermatologist the 19th. We think she is the very best dermatologist in Alabama, maybe the US! Dr. Elizabeth Jacobson in Inverness has done wonders for me, my family and my friends. We love her!!!

1 comment:

cosby2 said...

Sorry to hear about Moma and her eeeetchies. Glad to hear about the dermatologist. Nat and I still have not found one since moving back. We both have had skin cancers in the past and really should make an appointment.