Home

Friday, August 28, 2009

Hot Water

At 5:30 this morning, I awoke and went into the bathroom to the silky sound of pouring water. The faucet in my sink was spilling hot water at a pretty fast rate. I never heard her in the bathroom in the night, so I must have slept really good. The water had been running long enough that the bottom of the sink and the faucet were both very warm to the touch. Wonder what that will run my water and gas bill up to? I feel like I have a small child in my home again. Nothing is left unturned, everything has run through her fingers, and nothing is sacred. She takes things, plunders through everything, and will, in a minute, throw things away.
She has been lost and confused all day today. She cannot remember that she has just taken medicine, just been told what the day is, and just eaten. She can't stay in the bed; restless for some reason. This may sound cruel, but I wish God would take her home to be whole, and happy, and to be reunited with her Mother, children, husband and her sisters. I hate seeing her this way.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Thinking of you and Moma, Julie....

Julie Payne said...

Thanks Hon! I'm thinking that warm Florida sun might be good for her psoriasis....want her for awhile? lol