Home

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Princess mode

This morning the princess got up at 7 am for a stroll through my house. Clomp, clomp, clomp! I think she pounds that cane into the floor when she thinks I am asleep, hoping to wake me (and it does). This morning, I just laid there refusing to move. Kerry was in the shower (Golf day starts early), and she finally gave up and went back to bed. But, as luck would have it, I was awake so I got up. Thinking that she would get up in a few minutes, I went ahead and made coffee. At 10:00, I woke her up! "Are you going to sleep all day?" I asked, thinking to myself, why can't you do this when I am getting ready for work? That was when she sat up and declared, "I ain't got no diapers! You got any?" Now, this throws me into panic mode. I began searching her usual hiding places. She kept saying, "You needn't waste your time, I done looked there". Aughhhhhh!!! I found a bag of pull-ups that we bought for her awhile back thinking they might fit better than adult diapers (and they would if she didn't have child bearing hips). I told her to pull it up as far as she could get it to eat breakfast, and I'd get her some diapers. I got her started eating breakfast and called my high school BFF. She went to Dollar General and got 2 bags of diapers (Thank you Mytesa!!)
After breakfast and a clean diaper, the princess went back to bed. At 11:15, I heard her call on the baby monitor. "Julie" "Julie" "Julie" "JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLIEEEEEEEEEEE!!" I was on the phone, but I got off and charged down to her room expecting her to be quoting her last will and testament. "Hey! Brang me something to eat" Grrrrr....urge to kill. "No, we don't eat in the bed. You can come to the kitchen". She was so mad! "I can't!" she barked. "Moma, there is NOTHING wrong with you. You are physically able to get up and WALK to the kitchen! And if you want something to eat, you will" "JUST FORGET IT!!! There IS something wrong with me, but just forget it if you don't want me to eat". Silently counting to ten, and wanting to rip her out of that bed by the hair of her head, I quietly responded, "Are you hungry for lunch already? or do you just want a snack?" "It don't matter", she said, "whatever you want me to have". I spun around, went to the kitchen to prepare her royal lunch. When it was ready, I called to her from the door. "Come eat!" and turned and walked away. She walked better than me to the table.
As is always the case, after she eats, she returns to bed. Not 10 minutes after closing her door did I hear, "Julie" "Juuulie" "Julie" Juuuuuliiiieeee" quite pitifully. So tempted to play deaf, I let her call again, several times, but guilt always wins out. "What Moma?" I asked upon entering her room. She had the back scratcher down her back digging like she was looking for water. "I need something for my back, it's eeeeetching". UGH!!!! I went to the kitchen to retrieve her cream the doctor gave her (which is really working well, Thank you Dr. Jacobson!) I made her strip off naked, and went ahead and did the whole treatment (no more wet pajamas!) She finally laid back down and I got a little peace.
The rest of the day, she has been up and down. Very busy, very needy, very confused. Asking one question after another. She talked all through my afternoon movie treat (The Thrill of It All with Doris Day and James Garner), in other words she has been obnoxious. She worried about supper from 3:25 until I finally gave in and fed her at 5:30. Then Kerry went and got us Popeye's chicken since she had already eaten (the crust is too hard for her), but her radar was sharp today. She woke up and came in the kitchen while we were eating, looking for hers. After explaining that she had already eaten, and could not eat that crust, she said, "I know, I ain't a fussin', I know". She went to look out the kitchen window. Her thoughts slipped out and she said, "didn't get me nothing!" Kerry and I fell out laughing!!!!
Some days, I don't know how I can make another day. But I asked the Lord in 2007 to give me what I needed to do this, and He has. I think I am due a refill!

No comments: