Home

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Treatment for the "EEEEEtch"

My sister took my grandmother to the dermatologist last Wednesday for her psoriasis. She prescribed the most GOD AWFUL treatment you have ever heard. We have to take this cream, put it on (rubbing in the direction the hair grows-what's up with that?), and then cover it with wet cloths. Okay, she is COVERED in this stuff, so I wet pajamas, and she has to wear wet pajamas for ONE HOUR! Oh me, you can imagine! She hollers, she whines, she fusses, she threatens to take them off and declares "I ain't NEVER doing this again!" And we are to do this twice a day! Okay, day one, we did it once for 20 minutes. Day 2, I showed the sitter when I got home how to do it, so once on day 2. Day 3 she got it twice because my sitter is really an angel sent from Heaven who did this for me!!!! (Lord, bless Sue real good!) Day 4 (Saturday, today) I only managed to get it done once. She tries to die! I know it must be very uncomfortable to wear wet pajamas, but I didn't order it!
It takes a good 20 minutes to cover the places with the stupid cream, which is thick and gross feeling. The whole time you are applying it, she is pointing to other places hollering "Hee-uh" You cannot have any rhyme or reason to your application for her trying to help you. Today, I finally said, "Look! I'm doing this MY way!" She said, "forgive me". Sigh....
This ungodly treatment is a result of our precious insurance industry saying "Oh no, don't use what you KNOW will work! We won't pay for that until you do some really old and stupid stuff" Ugh...She goes back next week. Her skin actually looks better, but I ain't doing that for the rest of her life.
Old age sucks!

1 comment:

jennypilgrim said...

Bless her heart and yours. I would hate to know that I had to wear WET PJs. I wonder if we could give this treatment to the idiots at the insurance companies that make sure crazy rules!!!!!!!!!