Home

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Why do you hate me?

Today Moma asked me, "Why do you hate me?" I admit, I had fussed at her a good bit but why??? Because she has rearranged my entire house all day. She moves things I am using. She moves things and I cannot find them. When I tell her to stop, she snaps on me and tells me to "put it up" or "get it out of here" like I am intruding in her home.
I have this long strand of garland that I put on my front door every year. This year, the storm door (which in new) pulls it inside every time it is opened. So I took it down until I can figure out another thing to do with it. I laid it temporarily in my rocking chair. Every time she goes by it, she throws it in the floor next to the Christmas tree. Why? Only Mildred can answer that. I put it back, she throws it in the floor. I put it back, she throws it in the floor. We also play that same game with the back door. She closes it, I open it. She closes it, I open it.
So my answer when she asked me why I hated her? I said, "I don't hate you. You drive me crazy messing with my things and moving things around, but just because I fuss, I don't hate you". She looked at me and said, "Where is your husband?" sigh..................

No comments: