Home

Monday, December 22, 2008

When is Christmas?

I have answered that question a million times today it seems. After I answered the favorite question, "What's today?" Then all of a sudden tonight about 8:00 she got this revelation that Christmas is Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!! And she went into panic mode. She wanted me to go to the bank and get her out $100 for Christmas. She was seriously freaking out. Then, as usual, we had this same conversation 6 more times. Finally, I said, "Moma, we are not going to talk about this any more tonight. I will handle it all tomorrow" (not sure how, since she doesn't have $100!). She slammed her cup on the table and said, "No, y'all don't ever want to talk to me about nothing!" Then she got up and went to bed! (Thank goodness).
Now, don't get me wrong. I don't condone people being mean to old people, but I do understand. This is truly a calling, just like teaching. Now, I do not have this calling.............God has blessed me with what I need on a daily basis to make it to another day, but this is not naturally easy for me. Not only is it not easy, it isn't pleasant. You just cannot be sweet and pleasant, kind and patient, and accepting all the time. It just isn't real. I used to visit older people and think their care takers were mean, but I am there! I understand, totally.
We are ready (almost nearly, but close) for Christmas. She is ready for it to be over, and the rest of us are excited; waiting on it to come! It's the most wonderful time of the year!
Merry Christmas to one and all!

No comments: