Home

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Different but still crazy

Moma is going through some different things. She is changing moods more quickly. I can see several personalities within one hour. She closes her door when she goes to her room, and she cannot be still. She isn't sleeping as much at night as she used to. She is just different, can't really describe it any better.
Tonight, she had her smarty britches on. We ordered Domino's Pizza and the new sandwiches for supper. She and I had a sandwich, Kerry had pizza. She complained about the sandwich being tough, so she asked for pizza. SHE HATES PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!! But you know, she HAS to have what everyone is eating. You dare not eat anything she doesn't have. She inspects everyone's plates while we eat. Nothing would do but that she eat some pizza. I can't tell you how many times I get up during a meal to wait on her, like she is in a restaurant. She kept demanding things: more tea, get me some of that pizza, get me a glass of water, here (hee-unh) throw this away, and on and on. I raised my voice to her, and then Kerry got on to her. She pouted. The dogs came in (remember we have to banish them to the deck or their crates while the princess eats), and she got in the garbage to drag them out some scraps. I had to wrestle the food out of her hand. It was an ugly scene. Kerry had to get on to her again. She was soooooooooooooo mad. She went to her room and slammed the door.
Later, she came out (MANY TIMES) but she started rambling in a Christmas present I had prepared to take to school. I told her to get out of it, and she said, "Shet-up". I went into the kitchen and told her to not tell me to shut up again. Then she proceeded to tell me how dry my plants are, and asked if she could water them. I told her that I would do it. She stood over me, watching. She said, "Why didn't you soak it?" I said, "These plants don't require a lot of water". She said, "What do you know about it?" Then she argued about everything. Kerry finally came in there and sent her to bed. He told her that he hated to be ugly but she was being ugly to me. Wow! She looked at me like she could run right through me. She stormed to her room and slammed the door. I am beginning to like a closed door.

1 comment:

cosby2 said...

I know how hard all of this has to be mentally and physically. There comes a time when you might have to step back, take a look at the whole picture, and maybe look at "alternative" arrangements. You have to think about your health and Kerry's too. I continue to pray for you and Moma.