Home

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Remember Lawrence Welk?

While eating our sandwiches tonight, Moma and I watched an old episode of Lawrence Welk on PBS. It was a Christmas show, and everyone had their children on the show. It brings back such warm sweet memories. My mother loved the show, and I remember her watching it.
After we ate, I was determined to put a new strand of lights on my tree where one went out (bah humbug! EVERY dang year!!!), so I got busy doing that. I could still hear the TV. The show was winding down, and Lawrence was introducing his family. Then, I heard "Nice to meet you" "Merry Christmas to you too" "Good to meet you" and so on. She was interacting with the show. What a hoot! Then as quick as it started, it was over. And as she left the kitchen, I heard her say, "I can't hear anything you're saying, you may as well hush!"
Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

cosby2 said...

We used to always watch Lawrence Welk at our house too. A 1 and A2..haha I hope that you and your family, especially Moma, have a wonderful Christmas.