Home

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Pictures

I made the mistake of pulling out pictures tonight. They asked us at school to bring a baby picture to put on a board for the kids to guess for a prize. So I was frantically searching since tomorrow is the last day. I heard her door open. I panicked. I wanted to grab the picture box and run out the door. See, food is not the only thing she makes me crazy over. She loves pictures, but she doesn't put them back in the pile they were in (like while I am searching or organizing), she asks a million questions ("Who is that?"), and she puts her fingers all over them. As soon as she saw me looking through pictures, she got so busy snatching and grabbing them, asking her questions, tossing them randomly on the table. I was secretly hoarding most of them under my arm. She asked if I'd leave them out so she could look at them tomorrow. I lied. "Yes, I sure will!" After I chose the pictures that I wanted to hold out, I closed up the box and lit out to the basement to carefully return them to their safety. When I came back she had the ones I held out strewn all over the table, and she was pointing to a water ring. "Hee-un! Get this water up so those pictures don't get wet! HEY!" I guess she thought I was ignoring her because I was getting the pictures up FIRST. She started out of the room, and under her breath, I heard her say, "I don't give a shit". Nice. This is my little grandmother. Merry Christmas.

No comments: