Home

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Gadsden Christmas Parade

As you know, local cable shows the Christmas parade like 900 times during December. Moma has watched it 3 nights in a row, and it has been brand new every night! It is precious! She gets so excited too! She just walked into the den and said, "Hey, the parade's over. I'm going to bed" as if that is what she lives for.
She is still closing that bedroom door, and I swear I think she sleeps better. I know she doesn't ramble as much.
We moved furniture out of Moma's house this afternoon. I handed the keys to the new owner. I still have to go back and clean out the trash and get a few small items. It was kind of sad. She lived in the house from the time she was 7 years old until last year. And I spent MANY years growing up in my grandmother's home. I spent many nights with her, where we knelt by her bed and said prayers before we went to bed, where she taught me (and Rebekah) to bake cakes, where I learned to love a bath because she let me fill the tub to my chin. In this little house, where love abounded, I learned to hang out clothes on a line to dry, climb a tree, dust furniture using polish, not the vacuum cleaner. Yes, this is such a special little house.
As we brought in her sofa and chair to my den (for lack of a better place), she came into the room and said, "Where'd y'all get that crap?" We said, "Moma! from your house!" She said, "That ain't mine...."
Precious.

1 comment:

cosby2 said...

It is sad saying goodbye to a house that is filled with so many memories. It still is strange seeing someone else's car at my mom and dad's house. I hope that you and your family have a wonderful Christmas. Make sure Moma has a stocking for Santa to fill with goodies!!!!