Home

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where were you?

I remember exactly where I was when the first plane hit the tower, or at least when we learned about it. I was at my "new" school with students in the library. One of my co-workers called me into her room for help on a computer. While I was in there, another teacher ran in and told us. We turned on the TV and we were all speechless. About that time, the 2nd plane entered the picture. It was the scariest moment! I was sick to my stomach, weak in the knees.

Looking back, I am reminded how healthy and "with it" my sweet grandmother was. She told me that the Bible warns us of attacks like that, and that prophecy was being fulfilled. She was so strong. She kept telling me to have my sin "under the blood" and to be ready to meet Jesus at any time. She was not moved in any way by Osama's attack on America. She refused to let him cause fear in her heart.

I miss my grandmother.

No comments: