Home

Saturday, September 6, 2008

The cellophane is off...

Today, we are BRAND NEW again. She seemed to be okay this morning. Slightly spacey, but sweet as sugar! Then, my sister dropped by....now usually she comes in like a HERO because Moma doesn't see her as much as she sees me, but today, she rode her like a pony about money. Then she slept half the day away. When she woke up, she wanted breakfast (at 4 pm). First she came out on the deck with me, and said, "Well I wondered if anybody was here. I've been by here several times today and can't find nobody at home". (uh...okay...first clue that we are brand new). So, as I got up to go in the house, she said, "Hey, I don't know what to do about someplace to stay". "HUH?" She began that same old conversation about she don't know what is wrong with her and she don't understand all that has gone on. I tried to play it off by telling her that I was going in the house. She followed me in with some more "brand new" conversation. "Who lives here?" she began. I answered her. "Well, what happened to my house?" I answered. "Well, who has my money?" I answered. This rocked on for several minutes, and every time I thought I had her convinced, she'd say "Is this your house?" AUGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, later, she asked if I'd help her get her "right mind" back. So, I thought I'd play along. I asked her a million questions. She answered everyone of them right. And after we'd named everyone in her family, and declared most of them dead, she asked, "Where is Momma?" Oh me...
Auburn beat Southern Miss today! Waaarrrr Eagle! Hey!

No comments: