Home

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wednesday Woes

Today was not the best of days for my Moma. She has been very stubborn, argumentative, busy, nosy, sneaky, and just plain mean. We all have days like that, don't we? I mean, there are days I enjoy being nasty. Today was her day.
She is getting much more forgetful. She can't remember that she has just eaten, and she starts looking for something else. She got up in the middle of her supper tonight and just started walking outside on the deck. I had to make her go back and sit down to eat. I found her this morning in the bed with her legs up, and NO DIAPER!
This may sound strange, but I have just written her eulogy. I plan to give it. If approved by the family, that is. Writing it reminded me of what a dynamic woman she used to me. Wow, what a blessing she has been in my life.

1 comment:

cosby2 said...

I wasn't strong enough or brave enough to deliver a eulogy for my parents, but have been to funerals where one or more family members did...and it was very touching. I wasn't prepared when dad died and had to write his obit during a very stressful time, but I wrote mother's several months in advance. When the time comes, you will be glad you have already done this. Thinking of you!