Home

Sunday, September 7, 2008

COO COO for Cocoa Puffs

I am coining a famous phrase from my friend T-Leslie. Today Moma has been coo coo for cocoa puffs. It was my day to go to church, so poor Kerry had to deal with the madness this morning. When I came in, I quickly ate my lunch while she slept. When she got up, she asked, "Ain't y'all got nothing to eat?" So, I fixed her lunch. She went back toward her room, and when I went to get her, she was asleep. I woke her to come eat. She asked what I had fixed her. I told her I warmed up her sandwich that she had left from last night. She looked at me like I had two heads. She began asking all those crazy questions again, like who all lives here, where'd they all go, etc. She started feeding the dogs her food, so I got on to her, like we always do. She wanted to get nasty with me. After a short argument, I put the dogs out, and told her that she was getting a bath. She balked (as usual), but then said, "Who's giving me a bath?" So, I got her water ready and finally coaxed her into the bathroom. (Sometime I am going to give a blow by blow of her bath.....whew!) I changed her bed linens, got her out and dressed in clean clothes. She said, "Y'all don't ever put powder on us". Now, I am not sure who US is, but she has referred to us a lot lately. Maybe she thinks she is in a group type home.
She rode with me to meet a friend to give her something, but I had to promise her ice cream. So, I wheeled through Mickey D's and got her an ice cream. OH! and while I was out of the truck talking to Tracey, she slathered that Bath and Body Works Tubular Rose lotion that I have in the truck (remember the doctor's office visit?) all over her. I could smell it while I was talking. On the way home, she asked where we were. I pointed out landmarks for her. We got home and the craziness continued. She rambled in my school bag. She rearranged everything on my table (yes, I need to clean it off!)She asked me why I left her alone in the kitchen. I didn't want to say, "because you are driving me crazy!!!!!!!!" so I invited her in the den with me. She can't be satisfied with being in the same room, oh no. She has to sit with me on the sofa, smelling like a rose garden. GAAAAAAAAAG! I thought I'd puke. I made her get up and wash her hands. Little did I know, she'd bathed in the stuff. She said it was just on her hands, but no............
Finally, she went to lie down. Whew! When Kerry came home with supper, I had to arrange our plates. She will throw the fries, and want my slaw, so I have to fix that before she sees it. I got her up. She started eating. The chicken was fried too hard. She didn't want her Coke. I had to get up and get her some tea. She kept trying to get Kerry to drink the Coke. She asked if I knew anyone who would drink it. She kept saying, "Don't just pour that out". She saw my tartar sauce and wanted some. Eating with her is a major chore. Normally, she saves food off her plate for the dog. So we play this game of me trying to get her plate and her claiming not to be finished. So, tonight, I tried to get her plate and she said, "Don't put that out for that dog!" Augh!!!!!!!!!!! I put it in the fridge. I go out of the room and hear her rambling in the fridge. She wanted to make sure I put her food in there. Again, I try to leave the kitchen. She begins rambling in the cabinet. I go in (a little loud) asking what she was looking for NOW. She said she wanted a cup with a lid. Now mind you, she has an insulated mug with ice water in her room at all times, not to mention the glass of tea I had to pour. I said, "What do you need a cup for? You have tea and water in your room!" She said, "I WANT SOMETHING TO DRINK!!!!!!!!!" I couldn't convince her that she had a cup of tea. I finally put a sippee lid on her cup. Suited her fine. In a huff, I said, "Get somewhere and settle yourself down! I have to get a bath". She finally did. DOES ANYONE UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM GOING THROUGH???????????????????????? Most of the time it isn't that bad, but when she is bad, she is horrid!

1 comment:

cosby2 said...

Try and hang in there. I know how trying it can be when they ask the same questions over and over. You just have to laugh to keep from crying. Remember...laughter is the best medicine!