Home

Sunday, September 21, 2008

School Days School Days

Friday afternoon, I was sitting in the den reading the new Sandra Brown book when in walks Moma very determined. She said, "Where is your momma?" My standard answer...."in Heaven with Jesus". "Well, who am I to see?" she asked. I inquired, "about what?" Her answer..."school". Okay, at this point, I had to pick up my drink and hold it in front of my face because I was afraid I was about to lose it. "What about school, Moma?" She said, "I can't find that list the teacher gave us and I don't know what I am supposed to get". (Nearly laughing out loud here). I said, "Don't worry about it, I'll get your school supplies". She stalked through the room, stopped and looked out the french doors and said, "I must be going crazy". So, thinking that she realized that what she had just said was nonsense, I said, "It's ok Moma, you're 95 (our excuse for everything)". She said, " I just wish I could remember what I did with that list!". And out she walked. Precious.
By the way, she went to the doctor and had a raging UTI!

No comments: