Home

Friday, August 1, 2008

Peanut Butter Cookies in the rain...

Sorry about the delay in posting. Life has been crazy trying to finish up with my Ed.S. degree and several major dramas with my children (don't ask, it ain't pretty). But, I just turned in my final project in one class, took my final in another this past Wed. and will attend my last class in the morning to present my final project there! Whew! It has been quite a ride, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat! I am just an eternal student....I love school, what can I say? My family is so happy I am finished, and they all are chanting, "NO MORE SCHOOL, NO MORE SCHOOL!". I am considering my Ed.D. but not sure if it is worth a divorce. lol Actually, I don't know how I would have done it without the support of my husband and kids. YOU PEOPLE ARE WONDERFUL AND I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, on to Moma.....
Yesterday Rebekah and I went shopping in one of our favorite places in the world (Sand Mountain) where we always stop at the Albertville Home Bakery for a treat mid shopping trip. So we decided to take cookies home to the family. We bought Moma peanut butter cookies in a separate bag, and rocky road for Kerry in the bag with our treats. As always, upon returning home with bags or packages, she greets us, not to help, but to ramble through the bags we bring in. She asks a million questions and makes comments, some not so nice. I gave her bag of cookies to her and said, "We brought you some cookies! Go sit down and eat them" hoping she'd leave us alone while we unpacked our treasures. UNHEARD OF! She thanked me and continued to ramble through everything on the table. She crammed the cookies in her pocket. I put Kerry's cookies way back on the counter hiding them out of sight (I thought). But, as luck would have it, she had her sugar radar turned on, and she spotted it. She nearly knocked me down getting around the table..."What is this?" She reached for the bag. I snatched it (like a child) and said, "No these are Kerry's! You have cookies!" She looked at me like she could run right through me and said, "Y'all beat anything I ever saw! There ain't no law agin lookin'!" I am telling the truth...childish as it may be. I cannot stand the rambling and trying to be the boss!!! I AM THE BOSS HERE!!!(I have to keep reminding myself). The rest of the day, she was typically crazy. Asked the same question 10 times, used the wrong names for people, complained about supper not being ready soon enough to suit her. But there is another first. I went in to give her night night medicines to her....and there she lay in all her glory....with her head tied up with her rain bonnet! Precious! I could not look at her when I gave her the medicine. Rebekah made pictures. I will post as soon as she sends them my way. Never a dull moment.......

No comments: